7 Leading SEO Trends
The guidelines and best practices for the search engine optimization (SEO) industry are constantly changing. You never know when a new Google update will be released and change the game entirely. As a result, you can't rely solely on traditional SEO techniques to grow your website's outreach — it's necessary to keep up with current SEO trends to promote your business over the web.
For SEO experts, the process of implementing SEO tactics is endless. It is necessary to analyze one's SEO strategy early and often. If you want a secure and stable ranking for your website, you need to be adaptive, vigilant and aware of the latest SEO trends.
As the result of updates from previous years, SEO professionals are working on some of the newest trends that are expected to develop over the next few years. Let's have a look.
Mobile search has entirely reshaped the realm of SEO in past few years. More than 50% of overall traffic is now redirected through mobile devices. AMP, in this context, is an interesting SEO trend to follow.
- AMP is the new standard that Google has developed for website owners to build functional mobile sites.
- It is extremely a simple and light version based on HTML markups.
- AMP makes the layout load faster on mobile devices.
2. Voice Search
People like to ask who, what, when, why and where to find information. Finding the correct information is now easily achievable with the introduction of " Voice Search" technology from Google, as it provides an easy way of getting answers by whispering the question into the voice search feature.
- For now, it is necessary to optimize your website for voice search.
- Optimizing a page's content for featured information is undoubtedly a good idea that your SEO team should implement to get quality traffic.
3. The Rise of Rich Answers & Snippets
Most of the time, you come across Google results that are featured and well-framed with required basic information. It helps users get ideas for their queries without digging deeper into any of the relevant links.
- Use schema markups to achieve better rankings for your targeted website.
- Rich snippets allow you to feature your answer and rank better on major search engines.
- Schema and rich answers assist search engines in understanding your page content far better.
4. Multi-channel Marketing
Social media channels have become an integral part of online marketing. They are connecting users and brands from across the globe. This was already ruling the web, and in the future, it is expected to influence the entire SEO industry.
- Marketing your brand on different social platforms widens your website's potential audience.
- Multi-channel marketing entirely depends on formulating SEO strategies that can effectively be executed to promote a brand's services.
- This trend results in better ROI and conversion rates.
5. Demand for Premium Content
Content is considered king in SEO and without good content, no other tactic will work. For better SEO results it is important to regularly update well-researched, fresh and quality content on your site.
- Good content plays a crucial role in taking a website to the top of search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Fill your web pages with quality content so that they get acknowledged by Google and effectively indexed by search engines.
- To get outstanding SEO results, spend time finding the best relevant content.
- There will always be a high demand for powerful content.
6. Site Responsiveness
The era of mobile usage is in full swing. Whether it is mobile-specific website development or it is responsive app building, everything is directly related to providing a uniform UI look and feel across different devices.
- There is a comparative ratio of mobile and desktops users that can now be balanced with the help of responsive feature integration.
- By having responsively built layouts, users will be able to access the same interface on different devices with uniformity.
7. HTTPS Eating Up Referral Data
A few years ago, Google introduced using "HTTPS" as a ranking factor for a business website. After this revolutionary change, many companies started shifting their sites from HTTP to HTTPS.
- HTTPS eats up a lot of referral data.
- It also requires a check on whether your HTTPS website passes referral data to HTTP sites or not.
By shedding light on these SEO trends, we wanted to show that SEO is going to be a key technique used to advertise your brand. SEO is ever-evolving and discovering new tricks is essential to keeping your site's rankings high. Those who do not follow the new trends and the latest norms of SEO are likely to see their SEO results drop considerably.
Tom Hardy has hands on experience as a SEO Expert. He currently works at Sparx IT Solutions: SEO Services Provider and offers exceptional SEO auditing services to the global clientele. Also, he writes informative blogs and articles on varied SEO related subjects and helps readers know the best tips how to optimize a website over the web using SEO tools and techniques.