What You Change On Your Site Does Affect SEO
Once you make changes, you have to consider if those who were already linking to your site would still link to it once they have seen your changes. The main points to keep a close eye on include:
- Domain name - if you change your domain name, you will also need to implement 301 redirects, or risk losing your links.
- URL Structure - often during a website upgrade, the URLs will significantly change. This affects links in both SEO as well as inbound links.
- Content - has the content changed, or is the focus the same? It matters to search engines, and inbound links.
- Whois - changes in domain ownership can often be related to a change in content, structure, etc.
- Theme - If the concept behind your site has changed, ovbiously it will affect the search engines, your rankings, as well as those sites that have already linked to your site.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...