Picking through WordPress’ plethora of contact form plugins can be a time-consuming task. That’s why we have come up with a list of the best plugins for contact forms so you can quickly select one that suits your needs.
The Purpose of a WordPress Contact Form Plugin
The contact form is an essential yet often overlooked part of a website. With it, you give your customers an easy way to get in touch with you. Why is this so essential? Because it makes for a more user-friendly experience for customers who don’t want to take the time to call your business or go through a live chat.
With a contact form, a customer can shoot you a line and ensure you receive it so you can respond accordingly. Even better, some contact forms come complete with conditional logic to take the user experience to another level, and they can also serve as a great way to keep spam at bay.
With that being said, let’s look at some WordPress contact form plugins that give you the most bang for your buck.
If you place a priority on simplicity, Ninja Forms may be right up your alley. It’s a drag-and-drop WordPress form builder that requires zero tech or coding skills. This makes Ninja Forms possibly the most beginner-friendly option on this list.
You can build sufficient contact forms using the free version. But to make the most of this WordPress plugin, you’ll want to go premium so you can enjoy conditional logic, multi-part forms, different layouts, file uploads, and more.
Benefits of Ninja Forms Contact Forms for WordPress
Ninja Forms contact forms offers the following benefits for WordPress developers:
- Drag and drop form design
- Open source codebase hosted on GitHub, allowing you to view the code before implementing it
- Large array of add-ons allowing you to expand the functionality of your contact forms
- Feature full support for forms and add-ons, even if you do not publish the premium tier
- Developer API is available to extend the functionality of Ninja Forms or add your own features
Pricing for premium versions of Ninja Forms ranges from $49.50 to $249.50 annually.
Staying true to its name, Formidable Forms gives developers the ability to build complex forms that suffice for virtually any purpose. As such, you could say it’s the most advanced WordPress contact form plugin on the market.
Sure, you can use the plugin to build simple contact forms with its user-friendly drag and drop interface. But you can also use it to create payment forms, surveys, quizzes, profile forms, registration forms, and so forth.
If you need to get really complex with your form creation, use Formidable Forms to make:
- Rating systems
- Event calendars
- Job board listings
- Car payment calculators
- Mortgage calculators
And if you need product forms for your online store, Formidable Forms integrates seamlessly with WooCommerce.
Is Formidable Forms a solid pick for a beginner? Not necessarily, as it may not be as intuitive and user-friendly as other options. But if you’re a developer looking for something advanced to help you create complex forms for various needs, you can’t go wrong here.
Benefits of Formidable Forms for WordPress
Here are some of the benefits of using the Formidable Forms plugin for WordPress:
- Add user registration forms to websites
- Integrate third-party functionality for PayPal, Zapier, Constant Contact, GetResponse,
- Campaign Monitor, and more
- Access to Formidable Forms API, which allows developers to add custom functionality to their forms
Formidable Forms has free WordPress forms if you’re looking to save money. Otherwise, its plans will run you anywhere from $39.50 to $299.50 per year.
WPForms Plugin for WordPress
If you’re looking for a contact form plugin for your WordPress site that’s both user-friendly and powerful, WPForms fits the bill. Its drag and drop format makes it user-friendly even for beginners. And you can use its Lite version to give the plugin a test drive so you can see if it fits your needs.
What do you get with WPForms Lite? All the basics to build a solid contact form, such as essential form fields, a confirmation page, email notifications, and captcha to keep your site safe from spam.
Upgrade from Lite to the premium Pro version, and you can essentially build any contact form you desire, such as:
- Payment forms
- Email subscription forms
- Order forms
- Multi-page forms
The Pro version gives you over 150 contact form templates to choose from, while also giving you the power to add bells and whistles such as geolocation, user-submitted content, file uploads, smart conditional logic, and much more.
Add in features like survey and poll creation and a tool to build landing pages for your forms, and it’s easy to see why WPForms is being used on over four million websites.
Benefits of WPForms Contact Form Plugin for WordPress
Below are some benefit of using WPForms contact form plugin:
- Embed surveys and polls on your website with the ability to share them as well
- Survey responses are stored directly in the WP-admin panel and dashboard
- Reuse charts and surveys, as they get stored in the WP database
- Features a premium User Journey addon that tracks users steps through your website
Pricing for WPForms ranges from $39.50 to $299.50 per year.
Gravity Forms Contact Form Plugin for WordPress
Both beginners and advanced users alike can enjoy all of the features that Gravity Forms has to offer. It’s user-friendly, has a clean interface, and has plenty of support to ensure you make full use of the plugin, which is necessary when you consider its starting price of $59 per year that can go as far as $259 annually.
You can use this WordPress plugin to create multi-page forms, file uploads, web directories, and much more. With over 30 form fields, integrated conditional logic, and even calculations based on user submissions – virtually every form need you have has its solution here.
Benefits of Gravity Forms Plugin for WordPress
Here are some benefits of using Gravity Forms contact form plugin for WordPress developers and content managers:
- Integrated with PayPal
- Integrated data validation fields
- Conditional logic that is responsive based on user responses
- Integration of third-party DropBox, Fresh Books, PayPal, Help Scout, Slack, and others.
Use the free version of Everest Forms, and you can create unlimited contact forms with its drag and drop builder. Upgrade to the pro version, and you can add 14 form fields, multiple file uploads, customized styles, conditional logic, quizzes, surveys, polls, and more.
Upgrading to Everest Forms’ premium plans will cost you between $49 to $199 per year.
Benefits of Everest Forms for WordPress
Everest Forms offers the following benefits for WordPress developers:
- Integration for MailChimp, Zapier, ConvertKit, and others
- Multi-column and multi-part forms
What Should I Look for In a Contact Form Plugin?
You may be asking yourself the question: “What should I look for in a contact form plugin?” The answer to that really depends on what function the form(s) you want to create will serve. Overall, however, you will want WordPress plugins that create contact forms to have the following features:
- Ability to create multiple forms
- Add free forms
- Stores data within your WP dashboard or database and not in an external location
- Integration with third-party, well-known vendors, such as MailChimp and Paypal
- An API that you can use to create custom functionality (if you are a developer)
- Ability to add multiple types of form fields
- Easy to use and integrate into your WordPress website
- Anti-spam features, including ReCaptcha or other methods
- Security features that prevent the injection of harmful code or exploits
Benefits of Contact Forms for WordPress Websites and Ecommerce
There are many benefits of using contact forms on your website, regardless of whether you have a WordPress website, an eCommerce site, a flat HTML website, or a website built on a website build platform like Shopify or Wix. We list just a few below:
- Gives your visitors a way to contact you without flooding your inbox or social media channels
- Protects you from being inundated with email spam
- Builds trust and establishes professionalism; customers feel safer when they have a way to contact you
- Provide you with an easy way to track and monitor messages, usually from within your dashboard or database
- Great way to collect valuable user information
- Great way to build mailing lists and opt-in mailing lists