Application Security Testing: An Integral Part of DevOps
1. Know Your Level
Before learning JS, you should know which level you stand on. Generally, there are 3 types of people:
- Complete beginners or level 0: Somebody who has very less or zero knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS and has zero experience in editing code for themes
- Tinkering beginners or level 1: They have basics of CSS and HTML and have some experience in editing or making themes
- Experienced beginners or level 2: As the name suggests, they have previous knowledge of HTML and CSS. They also have some experience in developing simple themes.
2. Learn PHP
Now, when you know your level and if you already have some knowledge about CSS and HTML, learn PHP, the best database language to keep track of your marketing needs. PHP helps to store and then process all the content we require. Honestly, learning PHP is not easy but there are certain sites that can prove to be helpful.
- Core course: Previously known as PHP Academy. They offer a variety of tutorial videos giving an idea of how PHP works and a great merit with this is, they are all free!
- Codecademy: They offer a course on PHP that helps to learn basic codes, concepts, and functions.
- Treehouse: They also offer tutorial videos that are over 20 hours and lot educating coursework.
- W3 Schools Tutorials on PHP: Offer free tutorials especially from version 5 and onwards.
3. Select a Framework
Selecting an appropriate framework is important for saving time and working efficiently. Some of the most famous frameworks are:
It is important to pick the right framework and different frameworks work for different developers. Make sure to choose each framework according to their expertise and preference. Generally, if you are aware of the MVC structure, AngularJS can be really helpful, especially for initial phasing. If you are not well acquainted with MVC, ReactJS may be the right option for you. It also contains the View option and is popular among designers. There are several other frameworks that are available, but it is recommended in the initial stage to choose any of the above-mentioned frameworks in order to save time and trouble.
4. Choose Your Requirements
It is important to set your requirements and vision in order to specify what techniques and skills you should learn. Generally, WordPress developers' needs can be divided into two main categories:
- Frontend Development: This category provides a number of options to choose from e.g. angular/ angular.js, ember.js (helps to create ambitious web applications), tasteJS/todomvc (helps to select an MV framework) polymer (build modern apps using web components), spine (lightweight MVC library), etc.
- Backend Development: Node.js is the ideal framework for this category. It is used by developers who take care of server-side programming. However in order to use Node.js. you must have knowledge of PHP
It is essential to provide the same value to mobile users as desktop users, so make sure to employ the correct use of JS for your website. It is also important to select a website builder that provides efficient service, speed, and reliability to both mobile and desktop users.
5. Learning Resources
- Lynda.com: very helpful tutorials
You can also refer to the literature written by bloggers on WordPress and if you are into books, there are several books available on this topic, such as Exploring ES6.
6. Deepen Your Knowledge
- Modern/modular patterns
- Architecture of application
With the help of things above, you can develop web applications and learn the difficult technical tricks that come with the territory.
7. Test and Evaluate Your Skills
- JS assessments: Quizzes and assessments exist on the internet on various websites. Evaluate yourself weekly and improve your scores
- JS errors: Try to study and research on your own and solve your queries with the help of books, resources, and other developers.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...