HTML Goodies: Script Tip: Week 5
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
Let's start looking at a new script. This is a little more involved than the last one, so we should be able to really tear it apart and get a lot out of it.
Basically, here's what this script does:
- Posts a dialogue box when a person enters the page.
- The box has text on it that can be altered.
- The box gives the user the opportunity to click OK to enter the page or Cancel not to enter the page.
- If the user clicks OK, then the page loads as usual.
- If the user clicks Cancel, then the script reloads the page the user was coming from.
That said, here's what it looks like:
How about that? All that functionality in such a small script!
We'll start tearing this pup apart by looking at the very first line in the script:
By using the LANGUAGE attribute, you specifically lock in which script type you're using. It can be quite beneficial to the browser if the script you're using has commands found in different scripting languages.
So use it!
Next Week: What's A Function?
Do YOU have a Script Tip you'd like to share? How about suggesting a Script Tip to write about? I'd love to hear it. Write me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
HTML Goodies 30-Step Primer Series
and take the knowledge home with you in
on your Web pages here!
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...