Top Ten Search Optimization Tips for Web Developers
An SEO project enables the web developer to define the focus and scope of web content, along with the internal aspects that are appropriate for search engines. A successful search engine optimization project balances resources--in time, effort and money--between creating good content that is organized properly for search engine indexing, and promoting the content through website linking via other websites.
This whitepaper focuses on helping the web developer with their SEO project by starting with 10 tips:
- SEO works best when incorporated from the start.
- On-page factors are found in both the HEAD and BODY.
- Each page should empasize 1-3 unique expressions.
- No one factor is more important than others.
- Usability and accessibility standards are great SEO guidelines.
- HTML elements do not "hurt" SEO.
- Don't be sneaky.
- Repetition is important but should not be abused.
- Link effectively, not profusely.
- Use on-page factors that help SEO.