Froglogic Releases Squish Coco 3.0: Code Coverage Analysis for C, C++, C# and Tcl
Squish Coco is a tool suite to analyze the source code coverage of applications that can run on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Unix. If the instrumented application's test suite is run, the application will report all kinds of useful information, including:
- Tested code.
- Untested code.
- Unreachable code.
- Redundant tests.
Optimal test execution order so as to maximize the overall test coverage for each run.
Squish Coco can be used at every stage of testing and in conjunction with every kind of testing method (unit tests, automated tests, manual tests, etc.), and can collect, compare and merge different tests' execution reports to support advanced analysis.
Squish Coco 3.0 comes with several major improvements, such as:
- Support for C# and Tcl. Next to C and C++, Squish Coco 3.0 adds supports for the analyze of C# and Tcl applications. This includes hybrid applications which mix languages, by e.g. making C++ calls from C# or embedding Tcl into a C application.
- New Reporting Format. Cobertura is a new output format option next to EMMA-XML, HTML and plain text.
- New Integration. On top of the Cobertura format addition results can be be fed into SonarQube.
Improved Coverage Browser. Several improvements in the CoverageBrowser such as folding in the source tree, better coverage highlighting and more.
- Improved Coverage Scanner. Support for the clang compiler on Mac OS X, robust handling of parse error handling and more.
- Reapplication of Manual Validations Free form comments and manual validations can be reapplied from previous test runs to the current one.
"This new Squish Coco release is really exciting", says Harri Porten, froglogic's CTO. "With the added support for C# and Tcl, now supporting code coverage of four programming languages in one tool, Squish Coco fills a big gap in the quality assurance efforts of heterogeneous software teams."
"We have been closely listening to our users' feedback which lead us to implement also many small improvements in the different tools such as reporting, coverage browsing and more.", says Sebastién Fricker, Squish Coco's lead developer.
To get a complete overview of Squish Coco 3.0's improvements, please visit http://doc.froglogic.com/squish-coco/3.0/releasenote.html.
To get a free and fully supported trial copy of Squish Coco, please visit http://www.froglogic.com/squish/evaluate_coco.php. For any questions feel free to contact sales(at)froglogic(dot)com. More information about Squish Coco can be found on its product page.