Mary Meeker Posts 2017 Internet Trends
Every year, Mary Meeker, former Wall Street analyst and current venture capitalist at Kleiner Perkins, publishes a heavily anticipated report about the state of the Internet. The 2017 version is out, and here are some key takeaways from a Web development perspective:
- Internet usage grew 10 percent, which is on par with previous years, but smartphone growth slowed to 3 percent.
- In the U.S., the average adult uses a mobile device for more than three hours per day.
- Online advertising is now a $73 billion dollar business in the U.S, a 22 percent year-over-year increase.
- Use of adblocking technology is increasing rapidly.
- Games are having a huge impact across the Internet and the digital world in general.
- India is the second fastest growing Internet market behind China.