Tweaking Your Wordpress Theme? Here are 10 Tips!
To start with, create or edit a "child theme," instead of working on your "Parent Theme" itself. It is more difficult to upgrade a theme if it has been modified, so you will want to preserve it before you make any modifications.
- Edit Your Themes CSS
- Display Post Excerpts or Full Content
- Create a Custom Page Template
- Crafting The Loop: Excluding/Including a Category
- Crafting Your Page Navigation the Easy Way
- Enabling Menu Management in WordPress 3.0
- Create a Simple Conditional Statement
- Add Post Thumbnails
- Add Something (Anything) to the End of Every Blog Post
- Add Google Analytics Tracking Code